Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Talking to a Stranger

I talked to a lady behind me at walmart the other day. She was about middle aged and seemed friendly, so I struck up a conversation with her. I started the conversation by mentioning how silly the dog "snuggie" blankets were. From there she agreed, we had a good laugh and started to talk to one another about our own dogs. I learned that she had a Bichon and I told her I had a yellow lab. It was such an interesting experience, although for me not so out of the ordinary. i work with people at my job so I talk to strangers all day long. I also have talked to strangers before in retail lines, I'm very outgoing so to strike up a conversation was not difficult. I have learned however, that there are some people who do not want to talk back to you. At times it may be taken offensively but I've learned to brush it off, after all I was only being polite. I would recommend everyone make more of a habit of talking to strangers; you can learn some amazing things about other people and also yourself. I've noticed that after having a nice small chat with a stranger, I usually feel good about myself, sometimes I need the reassurance in the human race that good is still out there, even if you have to find it yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So true. We connect with others during these "human moments" and they do breath a little life into our days.

    ReplyDelete